Friday, December 24, 2010

I'm Dreaming Of...

...Seattle's Pike Place Market
Being there always makes me smile. How could you not, with grown people throwing around whole fish? And rows and rows of flowers and vegetables? Thanks to our Seattle correspondent KK for this shot, taken last night.
Plus, I agree with Martha Bayne: why can't we have this in Chicago?

...Pesticide-free produce for all.
Thanks, Bruce, for link, describing a (to my mind) grim 12-year study on pesticide exposure and its effects in pregnant women and young children. To be certain nobody sprayed what you eat, grow your own.

...Magical bees, somehow warm in their hives on the roof, scheming to do this again next year.

...This photo, shot from an Amtrak window a couple Januarys ago as the sun was setting over Odessa WA. It feels like a painting.

To all a good night!

8 comments:

Bruce said...

Wonderful light on that last photo!

Robj98168 said...

Because it is "Our" Public Market, and we are greedy like that! LOL< While I love the market... it really has become a tourist trap. THank God for all the farmers' Markets throughout Puget Sound.

H2 said...

Robj, I know what you mean, but it's a substantive tourist trap with good offerings. We're lucky too in Chicago to have a web of farmer's markets during the season. I think I'm envious of your salmon...

Robj98168 said...

H2=
I'll throw you a salmon any time!

H2 said...

Ha--and I'm catchin any time...

kopi.J said...

WOW! I Love it...
and i thing thats good for you >>

หนุ่มแซ่ป สุดปัง! พ่อของลูก ซาร่า คาซิงกินี

Thank you!

มโน เอาเอง said...

Top issues, dramas, sports news, foreign movies.
ประเด็นเด็ด ดราม่าข่าวกีฬาลูกหนังต่างประเทศ

edok69 said...

I will be looking forward to your next post. Thank you
ควรเลือกโต๊ะบาคาร่าแบบไหนดี "