Friday, April 6, 2012

Easter DIY Egg Succulent Project

A while ago I saw this post and knew I wanted to make one of these for our Easter host. I started saving eggshells from Bruce's spectacular hens, cracking the shells more carefully and then washing and air drying.

Here are her beautiful results:

We love growing succulents and keep a nursery of succulent bits in a bin upstairs over the winter, to be repotted in spring. I chose a few for the project.

Mine's a little different, but what fun to create. I hope my sister will like it when I give it to her Sunday.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Absolutely Beautiful H2!

What are the yellow flowers? And what are the little pea like plants? Love all the different textures!

H2 said...

The pea-like strands are called String of Pearls, one of Art's favorites. The blooms are intensely scented, arriving in early spring (we bring the plant indoors for winter).

Here's more info:
http://www.faroutflora.com/2010/01/21/kiss-my-senecio-rowleyanus/

Stop by and we'll give you a nice cutting.

That yellow-flowering succulent I'm unsure of. maybe someone out there knows it?

ruzzel01 said...

So green and looking stunning.

vegetable seeds