Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Watermelon Report

Not so long ago my watermelon was the size of a penny.


Now it's 3 inches!


It has been so hot out these past couple of weeks that my SIP ran out of water and the vines on my watermelons wilted... but they still continued to grow. I can't wait to eat them!

The little watermelon said, "You're amazing big melon!"
The big melon said "I know you are, but what am I?"
The little melon said "I will follow in your root steps if you root for me in my SIP!"

Kara

5 comments:

H2 said...

Hey Little Green Girl:
You might have to water your melons twice a day--they love their liquids.

Isn't it exciting to watch things grow?

Law Office of Ava George Stewart, P.C. said...

It is. You can see my watermelon pictures at http://hortoinurbs.blogspot.com/. H2 & Bruce have been fantastic for me on this journey for our family.

H2 said...

Thanks, Ava, for the nice words. Your blog looks terrific.

Debbie said...

Of course it is fun to watch watermelons grow but, unfortunately two of ours died due to lack of water.
Fortunately we have 2 left.

H2 said...

Ack! They are heavy drinkers for sure. Maybe you'll get even more. Lots of time...