Thursday, June 21, 2012

Landscape in North Wales

From the wonderful ::: wood s lot ::: "the fitful tracing of a portal"







 Stanley Spencer, out of Sermons by Artists (1934):

When I lived in Cookham I was disturbed by a feeling of everything being meaningless. But quite suddenly I became aware that everything was full of special meaning and this made everything holy. The instinct of Moses to take his shoes off when he saw the burning bush was similar to my feelings. I saw many burning bushes in Cookham. I observed this sacred quality in most unexpected quarters.
And:
Every thing or person other than myself is a future potential part of myself, or a revealer of and an agent in revealing unknown parts of myself: unknown husbands, wives, lovers, worshippers, never before seen and only known by a persistent desire or passionate longing, supported by a kind of consciousness of their existence.


1 comment:

Leon said...

Sounds like somebody 'awakened'.